Skip to main content
- General Information
Teach Children How to Wash Their Hands Correctly
(Follow the same directions for yourself)
- Have them wet their hands with running water.
- Turn off the tap and have them apply soap, lathering their hands well.
- Teach them to lather the front and back of their hands, between their fingers and under their nails.
- Have them scrub their hands like this for at least 20 seconds.
- A good way to have them do it for this long is to have them sing or hum the “Happy Birthday” song two times.
- Them have them rinse their hands under clean running water.
- Have them dry their hands using a clean towel, paper towel or air dry them.