ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
The IPSD will incorporate the social distancing guideline as a means of preventing potential infections of COVID-19.
● Nonessential furniture such as bookshelves, extra tables, etc. has been removed from elementary classrooms to allow for distancing students to the maximum extent possible.
● Static groups in elementary schools will remain throughout the day including meals in the classroom or socially distanced in the cafeteria and limiting the volunteers and visitors in the building.
● Students will be seated at the greatest distance possible.
● Specific practices will be customized by schools to include mapping traffic patterns, scheduling student and staff groupings, staggering transitions and entering/exiting,and designating distancing strategies at entrances and hallways, etc.
● Only essential visitors will be allowed on campus at the discretion of the school administrator.
Face coverings are another critical guideline to reduce the potential for COVID-19 spread.
● Face coverings are no longer required on buses. Masks are optional for students and drivers.
● Masks are optional at school for all unvaccinated and vaccinated adults and students. Face coverings are required for 5 days when returning from being COVID positive. Masks must be worn on day 6-10. If masks cannot be worn, the individual quarantines for the full 10 days.
● Masks/coverings must not contain wording, emblems and/or insignias that promote profanity, obscenity, political messages, drug/alcohol/tobacco use, or gang/hate-related slogans. Also, masks/coverings cannot contain images of faces. Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be allowed.
DISINFECTING AND CLEANING MEASURES
Disinfecting and cleaning measures will be conducted to ensure that the physical space, equipment, and frequently touched objects remain safe.
● Frequently touched objects such as door handles, fixtures, etc. will be disinfected daily.
● Restrooms will be monitored and cleaned frequently throughout the day.
● Classrooms will be disinfected and cleaned daily.
● Playground equipment will be adequately cleaned as needed.
Hand washing/sanitizing is one of the most important ways to keep students and employees safe.
● Students should wash or sanitize hands frequently.
● Students may bring hand sanitizer from home with the appropriate alcohol content.
● Proper hand washing for 20 seconds with soap and water will be followed.